Monday, January 26, 2015

Don't be like me!

Hello stampers and a happy Monday to all!

It was a stamping good weekend, with gatherings in Hillsboro and Salem.  It is great to be busy during Sale-a-bration!  But don't do what I did on Saturday night!  I was pitting an avocado and the knife slipped and I ended up pitting the palm of my hand instead.
After a visit to the ER, a tetanus shot and a couple of stitches, I think I'm good to go.  I tried to get out of cooking for several days, but the doctor said I only needed to keep it dry for 24 hours... darn!  I plan to milk this injury for all it's worth.  Oooh, the terrible pain that shoots through my hand!  (Just kidding!).  

Shall we take a little break from Valentine's Day?  I think we could do that, since I've been showing nothing but Valentines for the past several posts.  So, like a breath of fresh air, here is a non-Valentine card for your stamping inspiration.  We actually made this card at Megan's party in Salem yesterday.



One thing is for sure.... that Butterfly Basics set  (page 26 of the Occasions catalog) is fabulous, especially when combined with the coordinating butterfly thinlets. 
 The base of this card is Crumb Cake, with Very Vanilla layered on top.  The colors I used are Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, and Early Espresso.  The beauteous butterfly was cut using the medium-sized butterfly thinlet.  I adhered it with a couple of glue dots.  There are so many great images in this set... the possibilities are nearly endless! 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Sorry I can't stay and chat longer, but I've got to run... today is our SOS meeting (Stamp Out Stress) at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  We'd love to have you join us sometime!

May the week ahead be a good one for you!  The forecast shows some sun, so that's a happy thing... unless it gets changed before the sun shows his golden face.
Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment