Friday, January 9, 2015

Gearing Up for Valentine's Day

Hello again and happy Friday!

It isn't surprising that Christmas is the biggest card-sending holiday, with approximately 1.6 billion cards sent.  And it isn't at all surprising to me that Valentine's Day comes in second, with approximately 151 million cards sent.  I got these numbers from a site called StatisticBrain.com, in case you want to double check the numbers.

So, stampers, there's no slacking off when it comes to stamping!  Now that you've got Christmas crossed off your "to-do" list, it is time to gear up for Valentine's Day.  And no, you don't get a pass if you don't have a love-interest, significant other, or whatever term you prefer.  Moms, dads, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, grandparents, friends, BFFs, co-workers, etc. etc. etc. would all love getting a card from you on Valentine's Day. You could even deliver a sweet treat to the neighbors with a nice Valentine attached.  

Over the past weekend, I started working on a fun Heart-y Party Valentine class that I'm offering on Saturday January 31st at 1 pm at my house.  You'll make 5 projects... 2 cards, a treat bag, a small box perfect for holding Hershey's Kisses or Lindor Truffles, and a fun card that pulls out of a pretty envelope.  Here's one of the cards you'll be making



This pretty Valentine tree is from the set Sheltering Tree on page 22 of the Occasions catalog.  I stamped the tree in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, then stamped the blossoms in Blushing Bride.  Next I inked up the small heart that is part of the Sale-a-bration set Best Day Ever in Calypso Coral and added some sweet little hearts to the tree.  The swoosh of color under the tree is actually a stamp in this set.  I stamped it in Blushing Bride as well, then stamped the sentiment in the Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  What a quick and easy card... but so cute!  (Hope you like it too!)

Next week I'll have more classic cards to share with you, including some more Valentines, so please come back on Monday.  Meanwhile, have a great weekend!  I'm looking forward to seeing many of my stampin' friends tomorrow at my Sale-a-bration Kick Off!
Hugs,
Susan

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely adorable, Susan! May have to CASE that idea!

    ReplyDelete