Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The end!

Hello stampers and a happy Wednesday to all!

If you have been following the Masterboard class, you are probably very happy that this is the last installment and that we'll be moving on to something different on Friday.  I hope that a few of you followed this all the way through and that you have some nice cards to show for your efforts.  The simple layouts that I used for the cards will work with lots of different stamp sets, so keep them in mind when you are stumped for a card design.

Before we go any further, though, I need to clarify.  Friday's post showed a little 3 by 3 gift card.  That is made with the 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 square which is labeled card #6.  Sorry for the mixup!  So today's card really is the last card, but it is card #4 on the cutting diagram (a panel that is 3 by 3)

OK, the last of the 6 cards I made with my masterboard...



The completed size of this card is 4 by 4 inches.  The card base is 4 inches by 8 inches, folded in half to make a 4 inch square card. The Real Red panel is 3 1/4 by 3 1/4.  The masterboard panel is 3 by 3.  I cut a strip of card stock 3/4 inch by 1 1/2 and flagged the end with my hexagon punch.  I stamped the saying from A Dozen Thoughts ( page 59 of the annual catalog) in Real Red, then added a Tangerine Tango button with a piece of Real Red 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon threaded through the holes.  I'm happy to say that A Dozen Thoughts, the buttons, and the ribbon will be in the new catalog!  Yay... finally some things that are NOT being discontinued!  As you can see, I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder to emboss both the white card base and the masterboard panel.  If  you've taken a close look at the discontinued list, you'll see that this great embossing folder will not be in the new catalog.  Sooo sad to see it go... it was definitely one of my favorites.  I'm hoping for an equally versatile folder in the new catalog.

Thanks for stopping in to read today's post.  I'm grateful for the few, the proud, and the brave (no, I'm not talking about the Marines) who are my blog readers.  If you know any stampers, please share my blog with them.  I could sure use about 2-3 thousand more readers!

Have you taken advantage of the free shipping offer yet?  Only a few of my customers have.  I encourage you to take a look at the list of discontinuing stamps and accessories and place your order, as everything is on a "while supplies last" basis this year and the free shipping offer is only good until Friday at 10:59 our time.

When you come back on Friday, I'll have a card with a whole different look for you... no more reds, yellows and oranges!  That will be a nice change!  See you on Friday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment