Monday, April 28, 2014

Farewell, Old Friends!

Hello stampers and Happy Monday!

Where has the month of April gone?  It's hard to believe that today is the 28th and that there are just a few more days left in the month.  But time marches on and we need to try to keep up.  I'm so excited that the weather guy says we are going to have some warm and sunny days this week.  Are you ready for some 80 degree days??  I'm certainly ready... thinking of porch time with a tall glass of iced tea, or maybe coffee on the back patio under the umbrella.  Nothing is more beautiful than Oregon in the sunshine!
Now that May is almost here, it means it's time to say goodbye to some old friends... retiring stamp sets from past catalogs. .  I know that I can keep all of my retired stamps if I want to, but then we'd have to add on more storage space to make room for them.  So keeping retired stamps is really not an option.  I must be strong and bid a fond farewell to many stamp sets that I love.  Each year I allow myself to keep one or two very favorite sets, and this year I might just keep this one...



Betsy's Blossoms is one of my all-time favorite sets. I love the flowers, the leaves, and the bird.  This set (page 87 of the annual catalog) makes the cutest cards!  I loved this square scalloped die for the Big Shot as well, but it retired last year. If  Betsy and her blossoms don't already reside at your house, you might want to consider inviting her over to live with you before she is gone forever.  Once stamps retire, the only way to get them is to try to snag them on ebay, an expensive proposition indeed.

Over the next few days I'm going to introduce you to more of my retiring faves. Giving these sets a moment in the spotlight is the least we can do, as soon they will drive off into the sunset, retired forever!
Hope your week is off to a great start!  Enjoy the sunshine and please come back on Wednesday, when I'll have more stamping inspiration for you.
Hugs and happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment