Monday, April 14, 2014

Onward to masterboard card #2

Welcome back, stampers!
Hope your Monday and your week is off to a smooth and happy start.  If not, maybe more coffee would help.

Hope you all enjoyed a relaxing and restorative weekend.  I'm also hoping you took a little time to make card #1... the center-opening card, and that you are ready to move on to card #2.
Before I start giving you the measurements for this super-easy card, I'll show you a photo.  This one could not be any easier.


For this card, you'll use the other panel from the top section of your masterboard.  Cards #3 through 6 use the bottom half of your board.

The card base for this card is a half sheet of white cardstock ( 5 1/2 by 8 1/2, folded to make the standard-sized card that is 5 1/2 by 4 1/4.  On top of that, I've layered a panel of Real Red card stock that is 5 1/4 by 4.  Next, I added the masterboard panel, which I cut down to 5 by 3 3/4.  I cut some strips of card stock in Crushed Curry, Real Red, and Tangerine Tango and flagged the ends with scissors.  I added a white label shape (cut with the Label Collection Framelits on top of the banners and decorated it with tiny butterflies cut with the Bitty Butterfly punch (page 83 of the big catalog). I ran the butterflies through the Big Shot, using the Square Lattice embossing folder and blinged them up (I don't think "blinged" is a real word, so please forgive me) with some rhinestones.

Once again, choose a shape that will accomodate the sentiment you want to use.  It doesn't have to be the label shape.  Depending on what you'd like to say, you could use a circle, an oval, a square, a deco label, or even a heart.  There are so many framelits to choose from (pages 186-187 of the big catalog).  The sentiment on my card is from Remembering your Birthday on page 16 of the annual catalog.  I love this birthday set because it has paired sayings.... one for the outside of the card and a coordinating saying for the inside.

Okey dokey, stampers!  That's card #2.... so very easy, yet so colorful!  Now it's your turn to make it!
Have fun and please come back on Wednesday for card #3... another easy-peasy card!

Happy Stamping!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. I always loved your masterboard workshops, Susan, and your current designs are lovely! Thank you for sharing this class on line.

    ReplyDelete