Friday, April 4, 2014

Finally Friday!

Yippee, it's Friday!  Too bad the sun isn't shining, but at least the weekend is almost here, and for those of  you working peeps, I'm sure you're excited about having a little down time over the next couple of days.

As I mentioned on Wednesday, I'll wind up the week with the final card and the box that we'll be making on Saturday at my Spring in a Box class.  I've still got a few spots open, so send me a quick email if you'd like to join in the fun.

So.... let's get right to the card, OK?



The box is casting a bit of a shadow over the card, but I think you can still see it.  This is the fifth and final card in the set.  Of course we're still using the Polka Dot Pieces stamp set and the Polka Dot Parade designer paper that I mentioned on Monday and Wednesday.  The colors today are Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry.  I loved this color combination so much that I decided to use it on the "belly band" for the gift box as well. I used the Blossom Punch and the Pansy Punch, as well as the 1/2 inch circle punch to create the flower.  Before I glued the layers together, I sent them through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder to add a bit of interesting texture.  The front panels on the box were embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder from Sale-a-bration.  

How are you spending your Friday?  I'm going to be working in the kitchen, preparing some yummy snacks for the class on Saturday.  Whatever you've got on your agenda, I hope your Friday goes smoothly and that you'll enjoy a relaxing and restorative weekend.  On Monday, I promise that there will be no more polka dots for a while.  I think we've seen enough of them to last a long time!
Be happy!
Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment