Wednesday, January 22, 2014

You are my sunshine....

Hey there, stampers!  Thanks for dropping by today!  Like usual, this week is just flying by and it's Wednesday already!  Since I returned from the Stampin'Up! Leadership Conference on the 12th, I've been steadily at work in my stamp room creating cards, making display boards, and cutting paper for upcoming Sale-a-bration events.  With all of the beautiful sunny days we've been enjoying, it has been difficult to stay inside and work.  I know there was quite a bit of rain and even a wind storm while I was gone, but lately it has been wonderfully sunny, which makes me want to drive to the beach, work in the yard, or just sit in the sunshine.... anything but work indoors.  The Wednesday forecast, however, is calling for a bit of rain, so we'll just have to wait and see.

If we should get rain today, this card will be quite appropriate.  If not, a card like this is bound to come in handy at some point, as I'm sure the rain hasn't deserted us forever.  This fun card will be the make-and-take at our monthly Stamp2gether (demonstrator meeting) tonight.  I love the sentiment on this card..."you make me happy when skies are gray."   It reminds me of days long past when I sang "You Are My Sunshine" to my little girls.  At one time, it seemed like they'd be little forever, and then they started school and the days, weeks, months, and years sped by.



In my quest to create cards with the free Sale-a-bration sets, I thought this punch art card would be fun for my fellow demos to make.  The sentiment is from the See Ya Later stamp set which you can get free with a $50 purchase.  The blue card stock is Soft Sky and I textured it with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  The clouds are punched with the 2 3/8 inch scallop punch and the 1 3/4 inch scallop punch.  I sponged the edges of the clouds with Smoky Slate ink.  The sun was cut from Daffodil Delight using one of the flowers from the Blossom Party Originals die and the 1 " Circle Punch.  I used Daffodil Delight ink to sponge the sun to give it a bit more dimension.

The designer paper is Smoky Slate and is from the Neutral Designer Series Paper Stacks on page 152 of the annual catalog.  I stamped the sentiment in Basic Gray ink and then punched it out with the Decorative Label punch on page 181 of the annual catalog.  Some Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon covers the seam where the two papers come together.

Enjoy your Wednesday!  Oh, and please come back on Friday when I'll share another Classic Card with you!
Be happy!
Susan




1 comment: