Friday, January 10, 2014

Make a Splash!

Hello Stampers!

Yipee Skippy, It's Friday!

While you're reading this, I'm attending a 3 day Stampin'Up! conference called Leadership.  The location of this meeting changes from year to year and this year it's in Houston.  I have to admit that traveling right after Christmas is not really my cup of tea, but I decided to take the leap and attend this year.  I guess it's about time, as I've been a demo for 13 years and have never attended.  I know, I'm a stick-in-the-mud for sure.  So many people are going to have great difficulty getting to Houston, especially those people who live in the areas impacted by the big snowstorm.  Ugh! Flight delays, cancellation after cancellation.... it doesn't sound like any fun at all.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get on in Portland and get off in Houston with  a minimum of fuss.

True to my word, I've got a card for you today that shows off a new stamp set in the "Celebrate the Everyday" catalog.  It is called Happy Watercolor and with this set, you can create a splash.  Just check out the card below and you'll see what I mean.



This set has a "splash" that you just ink up and stamp and the fun result is a splash of color.  Then all you do is choose one of the flower stamps and stamp it right over the splashes in a darker color... so easy and fun and so "artsy!"  For this card I used Black Staz-On, but you could use Early Espresso as well.
The colors I used for the splashes are Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz.  Then I added a background panel of Soft Sky and some Soft Sky seam binding as well.  I'm sure you recognize the embossing folder by now... it's the new Decorative Dots folder that you can get free with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration.  Sometimes it is difficult to find a sentiment that is small enough to go in the corner of a card, without taking over the whole card front.  When you need a smaller thought, a good "go-to" set is Blooming with Kindness (page 65 of the big catalog).  Wouldn't a friend who's going through difficult times love to get a card like this and know that she's got you in her corner??  This fresh and pretty color combination would also be perfect for a spring wedding card, or perhaps even a sympathy card.

OK, my friends!  That's a wrap for today.  Enjoy your Friday and I hope it leads right into a wonderful weekend, full of whatever makes you happiest... like maybe a little stamping and creating!
See you on Monday!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment