Monday, January 6, 2014

Try the Masterboard Technique....

Hello Stampers!  Happy Monday to all!

In just two short days I'll be on a plane to Stampin'Up!'s Leadership Conference in Houston.  I've got a lot to do before I fly, but didn't want to miss blogging today.  So... how are you liking the new goodies in the Occasions catalog?  I've got a TON of favorites that I cannot wait to play with.  Today, however, I'm going to whet your appetite a bit for the fun Sale-a-bration FREE sets that you'll be able to start earning on January 28th.

I'm wondering if you've ever attended one of my classes where we used the masterboard technique to create a sheet of stamped paper that can then be cut to make several cards.  The card I'm going to show you today uses this fun technique.  Pick out a stamp set or two, then choose several colors that make a pleasing combination.  Then start stamping all over the paper ( 8 1/2 by 11).  I like to start in one corner and stamp diagonally, but you can stamp in any pattern you wish.  Then when you've completely filled the paper with stamping, go ahead and cut the paper to make a card.

Here's my latest masterboard effort, using the FREE Sale-a-bration set called Petal Parade.  I used Blushing Bride, Pool Party, and Summer Starfruit  for my colors and Whisper White for the neutral background.
The sentiment is from the new stamp set called Happy Watercolor (page 22 of the new "Celebrate the Everyday" catalog, also known as the Occasions catalog).

Oh, I guess you probably want to see what I'm talking about, don't you?  Well, here it is...



I know it's a little too early for Spring, but don't these colors feel fresh and happy and springy?  I'm afraid we have quite a bit of winter to get through, but I'll do my best to keep you focused on things other than the weather.... fun things like new stamp sets, ribbons, pretty papers, and all sorts of creative events where you can escape your normal routine for a few hours and enjoy stamping with a friendly group of women.

Thanks for coming over to The Classic Card today.  Please come back on Wednesday for another card and more stamping inspiration.

Hope your week is off to a smooth start!
Be happy!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment