Friday, January 17, 2014

Yippee... Friday is here!

Hello and Happy Friday to my readers!

Wasn't that sunshine we had yesterday just the best???  I even got to wear my sunglasses!  Sadly, no capris or sandals were worn in honor of Mr. Golden Sun's appearance.  It was definitely too cold for that.  But that warm sun and blue sky was a welcome sight for sure.  I hope you were able to get outside to enjoy it for a few minutes!

Usually when I attend a Stampin'Up! event I opt out of doing the make-and-takes.  Typically there are 10 people at a large round table making the projects and I find it nearly impossible to get my hands on the supplies I need to complete the cards.  It seems that I wait forever for someone to finish with the item I need next, or when I finally get it, someone grabs it off the table or out of my hands.

At Leadership last week, there were just 3 of us sharing one of those big tables, so it was very easy to stamp the make-and-takes.  Today I'm going to show you one of the cards I made and then on Monday, I'll show you the same card done "Susan Style."   Here's the card, made the way Stampin'Up! said to do it...



The stamp set is the single stamp Vivid Vases, page 20 of the Occasions catalog.  I had fun watercoloring the vases with stamp pads and a water-filled aqua painter.  The image is stamped with Jet Black Staz-on which won't run when the watercolors hit it. The stripey paper is part of the Kaeidoscope Designer Series Paper on page 27 of the Occasions catalog.

I'm just not sure about those bold black and white stripes on the same card with those bright and springy flowers, so I'm planning to take the card apart and re-do it in a style that I think will be much prettier.  It'll only take a few minutes to change out the background.  Then you can tell me which one you like best.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that we'll see more sunshine over the weekend!  I hope you have something fun planned that will put a little bounce in your step and a smile on your face.  I'll be working in my stamp room most of the weekend, trying to get all my ducks in a row for upcoming Sale-a-bration events.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back on Monday for the re-do of today's card.
Happy weekending!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment