Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Leadership Conference, Houston

Hello Stampers!

I've been home from the Leadership Conference for a couple of days, so thought it might be time to share just a few photos with you.  I had an amazing trip, although I have to say that Texas might be one of the flattest places I've ever been.  Downtown Houston looks much like any other convention venue I've been to... a huge convention center surrounded by lots of pavement, parking lots, and huge hotels.  The schedule was quite full of meetings, classes, meals, and other events, so unfortunately there wasn't much time for exploring.  I'm sure Houston has many attractions that we weren't able to visit.  We were able to get out of the hotel the first night there and the last night there, so we got to experience some authentic Tex-Mex food as well as going to a Texas BBQ "joint,"  and it really was a joint...but clean and the pulled pork was yummy!

The Manager's Reception, open to those who hold the title of Manager or above, was held at the Downtown Aquarium.  We had the whole place to ourselves and enjoyed all the exhibits.  You know me... I didn't go on the ferris wheel or the ride that dropped you straight down.  However I did ride on a train through a shark tank... that was very cool.  And the food and drinks were just over the top!  I discovered a new favorite drink... the Nojito ( a Mojito without the alcohol).  I could drink those all day!

Here are a couple of photos from the Manager's Reception....






Unfortunately my camera batteries ran out of power... ugh!  My sweet friend Karen, shown above as we hopped on the train, took more photos for me... my favorite being the photo with Shelli Gardner, the co-founder and CEO of Stampin'Up!

One of the fun things about Leadership is rubbing elbows with all of the "famous" demonstrators.  If I mentioned their names, I'm sure you wouldn't recognize most of them.  It was fun to talk to some of them, get a picture with them, and of course I'm sure they feel like celebrities.

Here's a quick photo of all the goodies I received at Leadership.  One of the stamp sets (it is on the bottom of the stack so you can't really see it) is a sneak peek from next year's catalog.  I'll make a card or two with it in the next few weeks, but I cannot show you the product itself.



The black T-shirt in the foreground is one of the things we received at Manager's Reception.  I think it will make a great night-shirt.

On the last morning in Houston, we decided to eat a sit-down breakfast, as most of the other days breakfast was a granola bar eaten on the way to the convention center.  I splurged and ordered the waffle and I had to laugh when the waiter set it down in front of me.  Those Texans are sure proud of their state, although I'm not quite sure why!



So sorry if you found this post boring... it really was a great experience and I'm glad I attended.  On Friday I'll be back to share some of my favorite card swaps from Leadership!  Thanks for bearing with me!
Be happy!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment