Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It's Time for Valentines!

Hello Stampers!

With the holidays only a pleasant memory, it's time to turn our attention to the next occasion on the horizon... Valentine's Day.  Maybe I'm a bit sappy, but Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorite days of the year, even when I was in elementary school.   What's not to love about pretty cards, a party at school, and candy?   And then when I got older, Valentine's Day was more about romance, including a special dinner, roses, and chocolate.  Again... all good stuff!  Now that I'm positively ancient, Valentine's Day is all about making cards for the grandchildren and sending them treats in the mail.  Oh, and it might still involve a nice dinner, preferably one I don't have to make myself.  What is your favorite thing about Valentine's Day?
I guess the most important thing is to spread a little love around this old world, which seems to be in desperate need of love these days.

I apologize to my SOSers, as this card won't be new to them, since we made it at SOS on December 30th.
But for the rest of you, here's a Valentine that is quick and easy and fun. And the best part is that it isn't overly feminine so you could send it to anyone


I used the new Fresh Prints Designer Series paper stack that's in the new Occasions catalog on page 33.  The prints are pretty and fresh and perfect for Valentine's Day cards.  The stamp set is called Love You More, and is on the Valentine's Day flyer I sent out earlier.  The colors I used were Coastal Cabana and Real Red.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, page 44 in the big catalog.

I hope I've inspired you to get started on your Valentines!  It would be a perfect way to while away a gloomy winter afternoon, so get a cup of cocoa or tea and have fun!

Don't forget to come back on Friday!  I've got another card featuring new products from the new catalog!
Be happy,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment