Monday, January 20, 2014

A Susan-style re-do...

Hello there Stampers!

Thanks for coming back to the Classic Card today!  Are you one of those people who aren't fond of Mondays... maybe one of those who refer to Monday as "blue Monday?  Well, today I've got something blue to show you, but hopefully it will cheer you up, not make you feel blue.

If you visited on Friday, you know that I showed you this card, which I stamped and assembled at Leadership during the evening make-and-take session.



I mentioned that I was not too fond of the bold stripes, especially paired with the pretty pastels that were used to color the vases and flowers.  It just seems like an odd juxtaposition to me.  So I promised you a "re-do" in my style---- something I would do with that focal panel of vases and flowers.  I played around a little bit and here is what I came up with.


[Of course the tag that has my name on it is not part of the card.  We're actually supposed to use a "copyright by Stampin'Up!" statement on everything we post on the internet.]

So to completely change the look of the card, I first trimmed down the focal panel.  I adhered it to a Daffodil Delight panel and wrapped the bottom of that panel with some Melon Mambo 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon.  I punched two tiny flowers using the new Petite Petals Punch (page 33 of the Occasions catalog)  I stacked two of them together, then added a candy dot to the center,  I stamped the sentiment (from Delightful Dozen) in Basic Gray on Very Vanilla card stock, then punched it out and adhered it to a larger circle of Melon Mambo.   The background piece is Coastal Cabana, embossed with the Pretty Print embossing folder from the Holiday Mini catalog. I thought this folder had carried over, but perhaps not :(

So, which card do you prefer, the bold stripey one or the "re-do"  that is more my style?  You can tell the truth; I won't have hurt feelings. There are so many different card styles out there and there's room for all sorts of opinions.  This stamp set is called Vivid Vases and is available in the new Occasions catalog on page 20.  As you can see, I cut off the sentiment.  I think this delightful image would make a great BD, Thinking of You, Thank You, or just about any kind of card except for a "guy" card.  Men would not enjoy the shades of pink, the little punched out pink flowers, or any of the other pink touches I used.                    

OK, friends!  That's a wrap for today!  Hope your week is off to a smooth start and that you'll continue to  enjoy smooth sailing as we voyage toward the weekend.        
Here's one of my favorite quotes to contemplate...
"We tend to seek happiness, but happiness is actually a choice."

Until Wednesday, I'll be happily stamping!
Susan                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment