Monday, January 13, 2014

Hope of Spring

Hello Stampers and Happy Monday to all!

I'm so grateful that you stopped by this morning!  I'm sure there are at least a dozen or more things that are calling out for your time and attention.... a load or two of laundry, maybe some dishes that need loading into the dishwasher, or perhaps you need to scoot out the door to run errands, go to the gym or the cleaners or the grocery store.  I promise I won't keep you from your "to-do" list very long today.  Just long enough to show you a pretty card that will serve to remind you that spring is just around the corner.  OK, maybe that's a slight exaggeration.  Either that or it's a very BIG corner that we still have to turn.  One sure sign that there's hope for spring's arrival is when I see primroses for sale at the grocery store.  And yesterday, I saw a full display of them.... purples, pinks, yellows, reds, and whites... the whole gamut of colors!  What an encouraging sight that was!

Now let me show you my card and hopefully it will also serve as a reminder that spring, although quite far away, will come.




This layout is one of my favorites.  I'm realizing that I tend to over-use it, but it is just so balanced and pleasing to my eye, and to yours too, I hope!  Today I used the same stamp set (Happy Watercolor) as I did on Friday, but with different splashes of color and a different flower.  I used the new Scallops embossing folder, page 32 of the Occasions catalog, along with the Delicate Designs folder on page 190 of the annual catalog. I was going for a very feminine look and I think I accomplished that with these two folders.  The colors I used are Pink Pirouette and Daffodil Delight.  The butterfly was embossed with the new Decorative Dots embossing folder (a free Sale-a-bration item with a $50 purchase).  The sentiment is from the same set I used on Friday, Blooming with Kindness.  I'm a big fan of Stampin'Up!'s taffeta ribbon.  It is silky, but has more body than the ultra-soft seam binding.  I thought about using some pearls on the butterfly, but decided against it.  Again, I'm beginning to think that it's not necessary to use pearls on every butterfly.  But you could certainly add some to your card if you'd like!

Have I convinced you that you need this Happy Watercolor set?

Again, thank you for being my readers.  I so appreciate all of you and hope you will share my blog with others. I could use thousands more readers for sure!  Please come back on Wednesday, when I'll show you some of the amazing cards I got at Leadership.

Be happy!
Susan


1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful card, Susan. The colors are lovely together, I am definitely keeping that one in mind for spring.

    ReplyDelete