Monday, November 11, 2013

Snow?? In November???

Hello stamping friends!

We're back from our trip to California to see our newest grandchild... a sweet girl named Lindsay Ruth.  She's a petite little thing with a full head of dark hair. Weighing in at 7 lbs. 1 oz, she's smaller than either of my girls were so she looked very tiny to me.  After a week of being Oma, I'm getting back into the swing of stamping again and I'm busily gearing up for my Festive Flurry ornament class that's coming up next Sunday, November 17th at 1:30 at my house.  So, yes!  It will be snowing in November... at least at my house.  The cost for the class is just $10, which is quite a bargain if you compare it to the cost of classes at stamp stores and paper stores and the class can be free if you make a $35 purchase.  You'll also enjoy some delicious snacks and some nice door prizes, as well as chatting and creating during a pleasant football-free afternoon!

We'll be making three different ornaments.  I posted one on The Classic Card facebook page and I'll show you the other two in just a moment.  First, though, let me say that these don't have to hang from a Christmas tree.  They would make great tie-ons for a special gift and they'd make a very pretty table favor for your Christmas dinner guests to take home.  Or maybe you have your friends over for a special Christmas tea. These would be wonderful favors for such an event as well. They'd also make a nice small gift for a co-worker. They don't have to be made in the blue and silver color scheme.  You could try Cherry Cobbler and some Gold Shimmer Paper for a completely different look.  One thing is for certain, once you start making these, it is hard to stop.  They are just that pretty!  OK, so let's take a look...



Here's the second one



 I'm not going to go into a lengthy description of the steps involved in creating each ornament, but I will say that I used the Festive Frost DSP on page 29 of the Holiday catalog, along with the Festive Flurry stamps and framelits on page 30.  I used the silver 1/8 inch ribbon on page 28 for hanging loops and also used the Frosted Finishes Embellishments on page 28.  Silver Glimmer paper, page 156 of the annual catalog adds a frosty, sparkly glow.  I used the colors Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, and Soft Sky to stamp the snowflakes.  Really, there is no "wrong" way to make these.  Just stamp some snowflakes, cut them out with the matching framelits, and then start layering them with some snowflakes cut from the Silver Glimmer Paper.  You can make them as simple or as complex as you like.

Have I convinced you to come to my class?  I hope so!  Thanks for stopping by today and be sure and come back on Wednesday for more stamping inspiration;
Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment