Friday, November 15, 2013

Classic Colors for a Classic Card

Hello stampers!

Here I am at my computer in my stamp room, writing to my faithful readers.  It has been a busy day full of stamping and prepping for the Festive Flurry class on Sunday at 1:30 at my house.  I still have a couple of spots left, so if you'd like to attend, I promise you'll enjoy yourself and go home with 3 gorgeous snowflake ornaments.  And if you've ever been to one of my classes, you probably know that I do a lot of the work for you, while still trying to teach you a few tricks.  This class is no exception.  You'll be a bit pampered as I have done quite a bit of the work for you.  I want you to feel relaxed and happy... not harried and stressed!  I think you'll be quite impressed when you are finished with the projects.  I'm happy that the weekend is almost here, because around here that means that I'm going to see some of my very favorite people, my stamping customers.  I love being a Stampin'Up! demonstrator because I get to share creativity, pretty designs, beautiful colors, and lots of laughter with some very fun people.

When I named this blog, my thought was to showcase cards that are clean and classic.... nothing overly "frou-frou."  And today that's just what I have for you.  In addition to the clean and classic design, I've used one of the most classic color combinations ever, blue and white.  Or to be more specific, Midnight Muse and Very Vanilla.  Is there anything more crisp than a dark blue paired with white?  I think of the blue and white china that is collected by so many people and all of the rugs, pillows, upholstery fabrics, and other home accessories in this beautiful color combination.

Here's the card so you can see for yourself



Here's a quick list of the products I used:

Stamps:  O Holy Night, page 33 of the holiday catalog
              Simply Stars, page 124 of the annual catalog
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse
Accessories:  Stitched Satin ribbon in Midnight Muse, page 173 of the annual catalog
Linen Thread, also page 173, Very Vintage Designer Buttons, page 169, Apothecary Accents Framelit, page 187, Square Lattice embossing folder page 191, dimensionals.

I hope I've inspired you to get out some blue and white paper and create something pretty!  May your weekend be whatever you want it to be... action-packed and busy or relaxed and laid-back.
Happy week-ending everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment