Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Santa's in his workshop...

Hello Stampers and happy day-before-Thanksgiving!

Are your pies baked?  Is the turkey brined?  Are you busily ironing the tablecloth and napkins or maybe polishing the silver?  For the first time in many, many years (I'm guessing about 43 years) I'm not doing all that.  My daughter is hosting Thanksgiving this year.  I'm pretty sure I'll get to peel a few potatoes and/or wash a few dishes.  What is Thanksgiving without the work?  I don't think I know how to just sit and enjoy a day like Thanksgiving, when there is SO MUCH to do!  I'll admit that I'm a workaholic.  I like to "get things done," " move forward," and accomplish things.  It's a sickness, I know.  I'm guessing that your thoughts are not on stamping, nor should they be on the day before a big national holiday like Thanksgiving.  But being a workaholic, I feel obligated to stick to my blogging schedule, just in case there's someone out there who might glance at my blog today.

So.... moving right along.... Thanksgiving is all but over so I thought I'd show you some of the cute projects you'll be making if you come to my Santa's workshop class on Saturday Dec. 7th at 10:30 am at my house.
First, you'll eat a yummy brunch of fruit, a delicious "Breakfast Bake" with hash browns, sausage, cheese, and eggs and to top it all off, some heavenly cinnamon rolls.  After you are fortified with plenty of energy-giving foods, you'll tackle 5 fun projects all designed for Christmas giving.  Here's just one of them...



This is a fun and fast flat gift bag that can hold all sort of holiday gifts, like a CD, cash, a gift card, jewelry, cookies, candy, a small book, a magazine subscription, or a note directing the recipient to a location where they'll find another hint.  To put this cute gift bag together I used a flat kraft bag and decorated it with some Season of Style DSP.  I used the Label Framelit dies to cut out a white label and the slightly larger Cherry Cobbler label.  I stamped the sentiment (from the Christmas Messages stamp set)  in Cherry Cobbler.  The fun bow is created with Cherry Cobbler card stock and the Gift Bow Die that's in the Holiday Catalog.

May Thanksgiving be a day of true thankfulness for the many blessings we enjoy... good health, our dear families, our treasured friends, the roof over our heads, the food on our table... I could go on and on.  And I'm sure you could too.  Please come back on "Black Friday" for another fun project from my Santa's Workshop class.  By the way, I still have 4 spots left if you'd like to join us.  You'll get 5 great projects, plus brunch, all for just $15 or the class is free with a $40 purchase.  This will be the last class of 2013, so don't miss the fun!  Just email me at sjrstamps@gmail.com if you'd like me to save you a spot.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Oh, and please.... don't "gobble 'til you wobble."  That's downright unhealthy!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment