Friday, November 1, 2013

Clean and Classic Christmas

Hello there stamping friends!

Let's hear a little cheer.... YAY for Friday!  I hope your Halloween went smoothly and uneventfully.  We're always mobbed with kiddies in our neighborhood, but that's OK... it isn't too difficult for me to get into the spirit of a holiday that revolves around candy.  Now if I could just figure out a way to filch some of those Milky Way bars out of their bags :)  It is a little shocking to see that we've arrived at November already. Daylight Savings Time ends on Saturday night (or actually Sunday in the wee hours) and from now until December 25th  it will seem like time is passing at warp speed as we zoom towards Christmas.  

Speaking of Christmas, have you started making your cards yet?  If not, there's still plenty of time, especially if you choose a clean and classic design like the one I'm going to show you right now.  This is one of the cards we'll be making tomorrow at my Soup-er Saturday "pamper-the-stamper" event.  Have a peek...



You can't get much cleaner and more classic than this!  Let me quickly go through the steps of creating this card.  I started with a base of Very Vanilla.  The next layer is a panel of Cherry Cobbler embossed with the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder.  The Christmas tree is from the stamp set Special Season (page 29 of the holiday catalog).  I stamped it in metallic gold using the gold Encore pad on page 28 of the holiday catalog and then cut it out with one of the oval framelits.  I adhered it to a slightly larger oval, cut from some gorgeous Brushed Gold card stock (page 156 of the annual catalog).  The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped in Cherry Cobbler on a strip of Very Vanilla.  I flagged the end of the strip with scissors, but you could also use a square punch to accomplish the same thing.  The top of the tree is accented with a pearl and there are tiny pearls here and there on the tree.  If you are mailing your cards instead of handing them out, then it might be best to leave off the pearls.  The card looks beautiful even without them.  

I hope I've inspired you to get started on your cards right away.  Think how smug you will feel when they're all finished and ready to put in the mail on December first.  Then you can turn your attention to the thousand and one other things on your to-do list.

Have a great weekend and enjoy that extra hour we lost in the spring!  I love the "fall back" change ... how about you?  Happy week-ending everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment