Friday, November 8, 2013

A Pause to Give Thanks

Hello again, Stampin' Peeps!

Woo Hoo... it's Friday!  What is on your schedule for the weekend?  I'm going to be stamping with Kristine and Amy and their friends tomorrow, November 9th, at 1 pm.  If you're free and would like to join us, just send me a quick email and I'll be sure to have enough paper cut for you!

I know I've been concentrating on Christmas lately, but today I want to take a break from that and show you a Thanksgiving card.  I know I wrote an earlier post about sending Thanksgiving cards.  I think most people would be surprised and delighted to receive a Thanksgiving card.  I know I would!  Why not make a few for the most special friends and family?

Here it is in all its leafy, fall-colored glory...



I stared out with a card base of Very Vanilla.  On top of that is a panel of Baked Brown Sugar.  Next is the leafy layer.  It measures 3 1/2 by 4 3/4, which is smaller than usual, but I wanted more of the Baked Brown Sugar panel to show.  I stamped the leaves with the Gently Falling stamp set (page 65 of the annual catalog), in Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Baked Brown Sugar, and Crushed Curry. Then I stamped over the leaves with the Woodgrain background stamp ( page 75) in Crumb Cake. I cut a Window Frame in Baked Brown Sugar with the Window Frames Collection framelits, and adhered it over a flagged piece of the new 1 1/4 inch Burlap Ribbon ( page 18 of the holiday catalog). Last, I stamped the sentiment in Pumpkin Pie, using the Tags 4 You stamp set on page 37 of the holiday catalog. I punched it out with the Label Bracket Punch, also on page 37 and popped it up on dimensionals.  I love how this turned out... simple and full of fall flavor!  Best of all, it is fairly flat so mailing it to surprise far-away friends and family on Thanksgiving won't be a problem... not a bump, lump, or pearl in sight!

Happy Friday to all!
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment