Friday, November 22, 2013

Oh, Happy Day!

Hey there stampin' peeps!  I'm excited that Friday is here... bring on the weekend!

 I hope you've taken a few minutes to read over the complete Holiday Sale flyer that I sent to your email inbox, as there are some seriously great buys.  The way I go through ribbon, you can be sure I'll be ordering some of the stitched satin ribbon in Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Gumball Green, and Raspberry Ripple for just 5.37 a roll.

I've been working like a beaver all week and I'm now prepared for several upcoming events, so I think I might "play" a little this weekend.  As in--- stay out of my stamping room---, as in relax and read a book.  I also have a new stamp set that has yet to be inked up, so I'm hoping to play with it as well. You knew I couldn't stay out of my stamp room for a whole weekend, didn't you?  You might be wondering why I'm not going into high gear with grocery shopping, tablecloth ironing, and all the usual pre-Thanksgiving tasks.  Well, for the first time in probably 35 years, I'm not doing the cooking!  Shocking, isn't it?  Somehow I think I'll survive!

If you've never attended one of my SOS (Stamp Out Stress) meetings, then I encourage you to attend on Monday, November 25th at 1 pm at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  We'll be making two cards, envelopes included, for just $5.  One of the cards is a flip card, with the center panel that flips over when you open the card.  And here's the other card we'll be making that day...


I can't wait to show you how easy it is to make this cool panel that resembles a quilt.  It is super easy!  I first saw this technique on Susan Itel's blog  "simple stampin," but I'm pretty sure this idea has been around for a while.   I love how clean and crisp this looks on a white dotted background!  I used the Season of Style DSP from page 23 of the Holiday Catalog and the sentiment is from the carry-over set More Merry Messages.  If you'd like to join our happy group of stampers on the 25th, please send me a message at
sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll save you a spot at the table.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Susan

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment