Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Stampin'Up! Mini Treat Bag

Hey there Stampers!  

I'm excited that we are supposed to get some sunshine today!  How about you?  Are you just itching to get out the sandals and capris like I am?  I cannot wait for better weather!  I'm often disappointed when the weather forecast gets revised at the last minute, so, although I'm hoping the weather guy is correct, I'm trying to "keep calm and carry on," just in case the sun and warmer temperatures don't materialize.  

I've got something fun to show you today... the Mini Treat Bag. it's one of the newest dies for the Big Shot and I was thrilled to find that it is super-simple to assemble.  Check out my cute bag...



One of the best features of this little bag is that it fits inside a regular envelope.  So not only can it be a treat bag, it can also be a card.  I cut this one out of some bright and cheery Birthday Bash Designer Paper (page 12 of the Occasions catalog).  I stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral ink on Whisper White card stock.  The stamp set is called Starburst Sayings and it's on page 117 of the annual catalog.  I used the Starburst Framelits (p. 231) to cut it out and then layered it over some Striped Grosgrain ribbon in Crushed Curry.  
The best part of this little treat is hiding inside.  When you pull up on the Calypso Coral seam binding, you discover a panel with a little pocket at the bottom that holds a gift card (or cash, or check)!  Who wouldn't like getting a gift like this.  And while a gift card or money can seem a bit impersonal, a fun package like this lets the recipient know that you cared enough to send the very best... a hand-stamped gift from the heart.
Thanks for visiting The Classic Card today! Let's get out there and enjoy the sunshine that we've been told is on the way!
Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment