Monday, April 27, 2015

Butterfly Basics Stampin'Up!

Hi there stampers and happy Monday!

Do you really think we'll hit 81 degrees this afternoon, like the weather report says?  I'm hoping that we do, but I'm not holding my breath.  How was your weekend?  Did you go somewhere interesting or have friends over?  Did you cook a new dish or see a great movie?  Or did you relax with a good book?  Whatever you did, I hope your spirit was refreshed and that you are ready to take on a new week!  I think you can probably guess what I did... yes, I held two stamping events.  First there was Betty Ann and Kippe's party on Saturday and then I had my One-Sheet Wonder class yesterday afternoon.  I always enjoy being around stampers... some of the nicest and most creative people ever!

Now that the Butterfly Bundle is available for ordering again, I feel like I can mention this great stamp set.  Today's card was created by Mary Peterson, one of the creative stampers in my downline.  I love how Mary used the stamps in this set!  There are lots of other images in Butterfly Basics other than butterflies and that's just what Mary did.  She left the butterfly in the box and came up with this beautiful card...



The fun little gingham background was created with the stripe image in the Painted Petals stamp set (page 19 of the Occasions catalog).  It was stamped in Smoky Slate.  Then the flower image from Butterfly Basics (page 26 of the Occasions catalog) was stamped over it in Jet Black Staz-On ink.  The flower is colored with markers in Hello Honey, Pear Pizzazz, and one tiny dot of Tangerine Tango.  The striped satin ribbon in Hello Honey is the perfect finishing touch for this great card.  Thanks, Mary, for allowing me to share your talent with my readers!

Later on today I'm going to be meeting with my SOS (Stamp Out Stress) group at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood.  We meet the last Monday of each month at 1 pm for coffee, cards, and camaraderie.  You are more than welcome to join us!  The cost for 2 cards/envelopes is just $5.  Be sure to RSVP to me at sjrstamps@gmail.com so I'll be prepared with enough paper and supplies. We meet upstairs in the conference room, so if stairs are a "no-no" for you, I'm sorry.  

Make it a great week, everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment