Monday, April 13, 2015

Celebrate Today Stampin'Up!

Hello stampin' friends!

Wow.... that weekend sure zipped by, didn't it?  I had a full house of stampers for lunch on Saturday, followed by the Four Seasons of Thanks class.  Then yesterday I did the Beautiful Butterflies class for Yoko and her friends, so it was a big stampin' weekend for me.  How about you??? Did you manage to get out some stamps, ink, and paper and create something pretty?  I sure hope so!

I don't know whether you've noticed, but my blog titles from here on are going to be the name of the stamp set followed by Stampin'Up!  This is supposed to make my blog posts easier to find.  I'm willing to do this to be able to get more readers for my blog. Besides, it will save me time because I'll no longer need to dream up a clever (or not-so-clever) title each time                                                                                                                                      
OK, enough chit chat!  Let's get to the card, shall we?



I've had this fun stamp set called Celebrate Today (page 11 of the Occasions catalog) and the matching framelits for months, and just recently got them out and started using them.  I love the pastel colors on this card, taken directly from the Flowerpot collection of designer papers (at the top of page 186 in the annual catalog).  I used So Saffron and Blushing Bride ink to stamp the balloons onto Whisper White card stock, then cut them out with the framelits.  I matted the designer paper with a panel of Blushing Bride, then added a So Saffron panel that I sent through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.
Wouldn't this be perfect birthday card for a girl or woman?  And to make a masculine version, pick some designer paper such as Maritime, Flashback, or Confetti Celebration and pull two colors from the paper for the balloons.  Hope you like my card as much as I do!
May your Monday and week be off to a smooth start!                        Hugs all around!
Susan      

No comments:

Post a Comment