Friday, April 3, 2015

A Guy-cyle for Spring...

Hello again and happy Friday to all!

As I mentioned on Wednesday, I'm going to be showing off the work of some of my fellow demonstrators.  Today's card is by Shannon Carrier, who isn't part of my downline, but a talented stamper nevertheless.  

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the Sheltering Tree stamp set (page 22 of the Occasions catalog).  It's the great stamp set with the tree, leaves, and accessories that you can use to make a spring, summer, fall, or winter card.  One of the little accessory stamps is a bicycle, and Shannon used the bicycle as her focal point for this fun masculine card.  I hadn't really noticed before, but when I was looking at the bike, I suddenly realized that it's a boys' bike... hence my blog title "guy-cycle" instead of bicycle.  Don't know what that artist was thinking of when they made this a boys' bike instead of one for girls.  Maybe they thought we needed more masculine stamps.  Let's get a look at the card...



Shannon used the artistic "swoosh" stamp in that set to suggest grass, then added some of the flower stems to look like individual blades of grass.  I think using the bicycle was a great idea, but one I may not have thought of.  Every card I've seen with this set has the tree front and center, so I appreciate this different approach.  I hope you'll try using this stamp set without the tree.  It's really quite a versatile stamp set, with or without the tree! I have another card made with this set that doesn't use the tree, but I'll save that one for another day.
Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm sure you've got a lot on your "to-do" list?  Have you dyed the eggs yet?  Stuffed the Easter baskets?  Whatever you do to celebrate Easter, may you have a wonderful day!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan






No comments:

Post a Comment