Friday, April 24, 2015

Adventure Awaits Stampin'Up!

Helloooo Stampers!
It's finally Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend, as there'll be a "whole lotta stampin' goin' on" around here.  I think I've got all of my ducks in a row, so to speak.  The paper is cut, the stamps are mounted on clear blocks, the boxes are packed with the correct stamp pads and accessories, BUT there always seems to be something I've forgotten.  Thank goodness I can just go upstairs and get what is missing!

Today I'm continuing with the masculine theme that was chosen for our Stamp2gether that was held on Wednesday.  This was my shoebox swap (everything needed to make the card is in a shoebox and the shoeboxes circulate around the table so each of us can take a turn making the card).

Check it out...




This very masculine card uses two new products from the Occasions catalog... the Adventure Awaits stamp set (page 41) and 
the Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack (page 40).  These two products come in a bundle for 27.95, or each one can be ordered separately.  
I used Crumb Cake card stock for my card base, then layered some Early Espresso over it.  The DSP is cut in strips that are 3 3/4 by 1 1/2 inches.  
I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake, then cut it out with one of the Circle framelit dies for the big shot.  I sponged around the circle with Early Espresso to give definition to the shape.  I used the Natural 5/8 inch Chevron Ribbon (page 207 of the annual catalog), but turned it over so the plain side is showing.  It has a nice natural homespun look that is great for masculine cards.
This would be a great card for a guy graduating from high school and going off to college, or for a college grad starting his first job, or even for an older male who might be starting a new job or a new venture.  It's good advice for any stage of life.
May the weekend ahead bring you whatever you need most... rest, relaxation, time with family and friends, or just time to catch up with everything you didn't get done during the week.  Whatever the weekend holds, enjoy!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment