Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pretty Painted Petals

Hey there stamping friends!

I hope you're ready to be inspired, because I've got another fun card for you that I'm sure you're going to love.  As I mentioned on Monday, this week I'm focusing on swap cards that I received at our monthly demonstrator meeting.

Today's card is the work of another one of my great downline members, Mary Peterson.  Check out this fresh and pretty card...



The stamp set that Mary used is called Painted Petals and is on page 19 of the Occasions catalog.  I love how she took the image of the three stripes and created a frame for the flowers.  I was wondering what to do with those stripes and now I know!  Thanks, Mary!  The base of the card is Strawberry Slush and layered on top of that is a panel of Crushed Curry.  The stripes and leaves are stamped in Pear Pizzazz and the flowers and sentiment are stamped in Strawberry Slush. 
 Mary punched out the sentiment with the Artisan Label Punch, then adhered it to a mat she created by punching a piece of Crushed Curry card stock with the same Artisan Label Punch, cutting the punched piece in half and adhering the pieces to the edges of the sentiment panel.
I just love the fresh, crisp look of this card and I think it's the stripes that do the trick!  Why not use this design and try it with some other color combinations?  Stampin'Up! has so many great colors that the possibilities are almost endless!  

I hope your week and your Wednesday are going smoothly.  However, if it's been a rocky ride this week, take comfort in the fact that after today, this week is more than half done.  Friday and the weekend will be here before you know it!

Thank you for being one of my readers!  Please share my blog with other stampers.  
Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment