Friday, February 20, 2015

Seeing Spots

WooHoo!  Friday is here and the weekend starts tonight!

Hi there stampers and a happy Friday to all!   
How did your week go?  In a perfect world you would have had a wonderful week full of many accomplishments and loads of fun.   We are reminded daily that this world is very imperfect, but that doesn't mean that we can't be thankful for all of the things that are right with the world.  As the saying goes, "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."  So as I look back over my week, here are just a few of the things for which I'm truly grateful:  many card designs completed and lots of paper cut and ready to go, Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies (delivered on Valentine's Day!), sunshine, fresh air, blue sky, new stamps to try out, my Avian Artistry class designs finished, and too many other blessings to mention in a blog post.
I hope your week was filled with good things too!  

Shall we take a look at today's card now?  I think you'll find it interesting.



I had fun creating the background for this one.  I used my sponge daubers and two different colors of ink (Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry) and I randomly dotted the colors onto Whisper White card stock.  Then I ran the stamped panel through the Big Shot with the Tiny Triangles embossing folder, which added a lot of texture and interest to the background.
Next I stamped the sentiment (from the Balloon Bash stamp set on page 13 of the Occasions catalog) in Bermuda Bay and then cut it out by hand.  If you are "fussy cutting," be sure to leave a little margin of white around your cut-out image.  It just looks better that way!  Then I stamped the same sentiment again in Crushed Curry and just cut out the banner that says "just for you,"  I added that on top of the Bermuda Bay image, popped up on dimensionals.  The result?  A perfect card for anyone... man, woman, boy, girl... it doesn't matter as this card is not gender or age-specific.  I'm planning to make more of this card so I'll be ready the next time I need a birthday card.  

May your Friday go by smoothly and without drama and may the weekend ahead bring you relaxation, rest, and refreshment.  Oh, and maybe a little stamping fun too!  

Stamp up some happiness today!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment