Wednesday, February 4, 2015

New x 5

Hi there and welcome to Wednesday's post!

I thought I'd show you five new products today, all on one card!
Are you ready?  OK, here we go!




How's this for a springy card?  Let me list the new products I used for this one, all from the Occasions catalog and the Sale-a-bration brochure.
First of all, I used the new Petal Potpourri stamp set that's on page 23 of the Occasions catalog.  Then I punched out the flowers with the new Flower Medallion Punch that's on the same page.  The paper I used is the new Best Year Ever paper that is one of the free Sale-a-bration items you can earn with a $50 purchase. The next new product I used is the new Spring Flowers Embossing Folder on page 19 of the Occasions catalog.  And finally, the sentiment is from the Lotus Blossom stamp set that is on page 7 of the Sale-a-bration brochure.  I punched it out with the Artisan Label Punch, which is not a new product.  Some of the beautiful Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Blushing Bride adds a nice accent.
I used my bone folder to curl the petals of the flowers back, which gives them a nice three-dimensional look.  I popped the flowers up on foam dots, for even more dimension.  
If  you are wanting a fresh, clean look for a card, nothing works better than a white background.  It seems like the majority of card- makers favor colorful backgrounds.  If you are in the habit of using 
colored card stock for your cards, take a break and try white for a change.  I think you'll find it makes a clean, crisp card that is a nice change.
Thanks for coming by today and please come back on Friday when I'll have a sunny card for you.  After the rain we've had this week, I think you'll be ready for a little sunshine on Friday, even if it's only on a card!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment