Wednesday, February 25, 2015

How Tweet!

Hi again and thanks for coming back!

As I promised on Monday, I've got another spring-like card for you today.  Is there anything that says "spring" more than birds nesting?  While most of us think the idea of baby birds in a nest is so sweet, in reality it's really not all that pretty.  I know this because last year a momma bird built her nest on top of one of our outdoor speakers.  Since we didn't want to disturb her or the babies, we endured a lot of bird droppings and falling debris... not a pretty sight.  So, while not that nice in reality, nesting birds on a card can be pretty.  Check out my card and you'll see...



That beautiful golden color is Hello Honey, one of the In-Colors for 2014-2016.  I'm so glad it's going to be around for another year.
Here's a quick list of what I used:

Stamps--World of Dreams, p. 127 of the annual catalog
Ink:  Tuxedo Black Memento, Hello Honey
Paper:  Flower Pot DSP, page 186 of the annual catalog, Whisper White, Basic Gray
Accessories:  Striped Satin Ribbon in Hello Honey, 2 inch Circle Punch, 2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle Punch, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, sponge, dimensionals.  

I encourage you to do what I did here, and try embossing some printed designer paper.  It is best to use an embossing folder with a fairly small pattern and try it on designer paper that also has a fairly small all-over pattern.  Experiment a little and I think you'll find some fun combinations. And if your experiment doesn't "float your boat," so what!  It's just a piece of paper.  Toss it in the recycle bin and try again.  That's part of the fun of paper-crafting... you're not wasting expensive materials if you make a mistake or don't like the way something turns out.

Thanks for reading my blog today!  I've got something pretty cute to show you on Friday, so don't forget to come back and see what it is!
Happy Wednesday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment