Friday, October 11, 2013

Warmth and Wonder

Hello again and yay for Friday!  I so appreciate your taking time from your busy day to check out the latest card I have for you here at The Classic Card.

As I mentioned on Wednesday, we are headed into a whole flock of holiday cards, so fasten your seat belts as I whirl you through my collection of Christmas cards.  Today's card is a clean and classic Christmas card.  This one would be fairly quick to stamp and there's a nice amount of detail but nothing terribly fussy or labor-intensive.  Let me know what you think...



I don't think I need to go into a lot of detail on how I created this card, as it is pretty straightforward.  I'll give you the usual list in case there's some product shown here that you don't readily recognize.

Stamps:  Warmth and Wonder (hostess stamp set on page 39 of the holiday catalog).
               The sentiment is from More Merry Messages, a carry-over set from last year's holiday catalog.

Ink:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler

Paper:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack, page 22 of the holiday catalog

Accessories:  Oval Framelit Dies, Modern Label Punch, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, sponge, dimensionals.

Note:  the trees are stamped in a two-step process.  First the trees are stamped, then the decorations are added with a second stamp that is easily lined up on the trees.  There's really no need for the Stamp-a- ma-jig for this step.  I sponged around both ovals and the sentiment with some Early Espresso ink.  I guess you could call me Sponge-Sue ( sorta like Sponge-Bob) because I sure do love sponging!

Thanks for spending time with me today.  May your weekend be everything that you'd like it to be!
Our trip into holiday land continues on Monday, so I'll hope to see you back here then.
Hugs all around,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment