Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Moving right along...

Hello there stampin' people!  Time is moving right along and here we are at Wednesday again!

Thank you very much for stopping in to The Classic Card today.  I appreciate each and every reader I have and if you enjoy my blog, I'm hoping you'll let other people know about it.  Yesterday (Tuesday Oct. 8th) Stampin'Up! announced a Weekly Deal.  I'm not sure how long the Weekly Deals will last,but for now they'll be announced every Tuesday.  Here are the deals for this week, and be sure to check my business site www.susanrodgers.stampinup.net next Tuesday for the new specials.  As I mentioned in an email, the discount shows up when you go to checkout.




Yes, time is marching ever onward and Christmas is only about ten weeks away.  So even though we haven't passed Halloween, it still might be a good idea to start thinking about Christmas. especially if you are planning to send hand-stamped cards this year.  So over the next several weeks, it will probably be safe to say that you'll be seeing primarily Christmas cards on my blog.  Oh, I might toss in the occasional fall birthday or Thanksgiving card but I've got a lot of pretty Christmas cards to share with you so I need to get started.

The card I'm going to show you today is a square card.  I don't make too many of these because they call for extra postage and because I never seem to have the right envelope for a square card.  With the new Envelope Punch Board I can make any size of envelope I need to fit any size of card I can dream up.  You can order this fabulous new tool right now, and you'll get it mid-October.  They have proven to be so very popular that a large supply was exhausted in just a few weeks.  Never fear... you'll get your very own Envelope Punch Board as soon as Stampin'Up! receives a new shipment.

OK... I guess it is time to show you the card.  By the way, you can make this pretty card on Saturday at Ana's party at 1 pm at my house. Just send me a quick email to let me know you'd like to attend and I'll save you a spot. By the way, you'll make a matching envelope in a soft blue parchment paper that will coordinate beautifully with the card.




Here's a quick product list for you:

Stamps:  Festive Flurry stamp set, page 30 of the holiday catalog
              Greetings of the Season stamp set ( a carry-over item from last year's holiday catalog)
Ink:  Pool Party, Basic Gray
Paper:  Silver Glimmer Paper, Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack, page 29 of the holiday catalog
            Soft Sky card stock, Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Festive Flurry Framelit dies, Soft Sky Seam Binding, page 173 of the annual catalog, Basic                            Rhinestones, Dimensionals.

If you haven't picked out your design for your 2013 Christmas cards, please let me know and I'd be happy to help you choose a card to match your skills and your budget.  Perhaps you'd like a super simple but still pretty design, or maybe you're going for something a little more elegant but still easy and quick.  Whatever you're looking for, I can help!  Whimsical, cute, traditional, or religious... Stampin'Up! has stamps for everyone!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment