Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Shifting Gears...

Hi there, stampers!
Thanks for stopping by for some Wednesday stamping inspiration!

As you know, lately we've been traveling toward Christmas, but I think it might be time to stop, shift into reverse, and focus on Thanksgiving for a few days.  As many of you know, I'm a "magazine-a-holic" and in my reading recently, I've discovered that Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday of many women.  At first I thought to myself    "Hmmm, I wonder why women would pick a holiday that requires them to cook all day," but as I read their reasons, it began to make a lot of sense.  First of all, you don't have to decorate the entire house (inside AND out) for Thanksgiving.  There are no exhausting lists of gifts to be purchased, wrapped, and mailed, nor does anyone really expect to receive a Thanksgiving card.  Thanksgiving is limited to one day, so there's no Thanksgiving season where you are expected to entertain friends, neighbors, and relatives with parties, brunches, or other festive gatherings.  No baking endless piles of cookies, (pick up one of those mammoth pumpkin pies from COSTCO and you're set!), no fudge for the neighbors... I'm thinking Thanksgiving just might be my new favorite holiday as well!

While we're contemplating the joys of Thanksgiving, here's an idea that might appeal to some of you.... instead of sending Christmas cards this year, send Thanksgiving cards!  Most people are pretty much expecting a Christmas card, but think of how special it would be to get an unexpected hand-stamped card in the mail for Thanksgiving, when people have time to look at it and appreciate it instead of tossing it in a basket along with tons of other cards.  Have I convinced you?  If so, here's an easy card that still has a bit of a "wow" factor....




I apologize for the neon-yellow look in this photo.  The cardstock is actually Summer Starfruit, which matches the stitched satin ribbon.  Some colors just don't photograph well, I guess.
Here's a product list for you.
Stamps:  Harvest of Thanks, page 19 of the holiday catalog
Ink:  Early Espresso marker, Cajun Craze Marker
Paper:  Very Vanilla card stock for card base.  Early Espresso, Summer Starfruit
Accessories:  Woodgrain embossing folder, Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, Apothecary Accents framelits (page 187 of the annual catalog), Stitched Satin ribbon in Summer Starfruit, and of course, the ever- popular Dimensionals. I cannot make a card without Dimensionals and I bet you can't either!

OK, stampers!  That's a wrap for my Wednesday post!  Thanks for reading and please come back on Friday for more stamping fun.
Hugs to all,
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment