Monday, October 28, 2013

Sugar and spice and everything nice...

Hello stamping friends!

The big new at our house is that Lindsay Ruth Boxeth arrived yesterday... right on her due date.  What a prompt little girl!  She is 7 lbs. and 1 oz. of sugar and spice and everything nice.  Mother and baby are doing just fine. Katie and Tim arrived at the hospital at 5:15 am and Lindsay was born at 5:30.  We are so thankful that they got to the hospital in time for the birth!

I had planned to show you the second card that we'll be making today at SOS (Stamp Out Stress) at 1 pm at Symposium Coffee in Sherwood, but in honor of Lindsay's arrival I think a pink card would be appropriate, don't you?  So here it is...



This feminine card uses a lot of my favorite things, including the wonderful set Betsy's Blossoms.  By the way, it is one of the stamp sets that's on sale for 25% off, through 11 pm tonight.  You can see this fun set on page 87 of the annual catalog.  It normally sells for 21.95 in clear mount, but the sale price is 16.46.  I used my Oval Framelit Dies (page 186) to cut the two sizes of ovals.  The ink colors are Blushing Bride, So Saffron, and Pistachio Pudding. The card stock colors are Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding, and So Saffron. The sentiment is from the set Million & One, page 63 of the annual catalog.  I stamped it in Basic Gray.  The three-dimensional  flower is made with the Pansy Punch, page 183 of the annual catalog and the Boho Blossoms Punch, also on page 183.  The Whisper White panel is embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder and some of the gorgeous Chevron Ribbon in Blushing Bride completes the card.  I don't know about you, but I just love the look of a sentiment stamped over a background of flowers.  Do you have a special friend who'd love to receive a card telling her she's fabulous?  Really, what woman wouldn't like a card like this?

Thanks for stopping in and reading my blog today.  I appreciate each one of you, my faithful readers!  Be sure to come back on Wednesday, when I'll keep everything in balance by showing you a masculine card.
May your work week be off to a smooth start!

If you would like to order anything from the 25% off sale, be sure to email me your list.  I will get right back to you with your total and you can either send me a check or give me your credit card info over the phone.

Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment