Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Swirling Leaves

Hey there stampers!  Happy Wednesday and Happy October!

Fall is definitely here and our lawn is very colorful with red and yellow leaves.  The leaves on the giant red maples on either side of the driveway are still mostly green.  Only the leaves on the very top of the trees are red and they are starting to fall.  The wind has brought quite a few of them down... no surprise there.  It also brought down a sweet little nest, a leftover from last spring, no doubt.

I thought I'd show you an autumn leaf-y card today to go along with the swirling leaves I see outside my window.  I apologize for the weird colors in this photo... not sure what happened !  The colors are Baked Brown Sugar, Rich Razzleberry, and Crushed Curry.

I promise you, this card look a whole lot better IRL (in real life)!  I started out with a panel of Very Vanilla and I stamped the Dictionary background stamp on it in Crumb Cake.  Then I just started layering on the leaves from the Gently Falling stamp set (page 65 of the annual catalog).  The colors for the leaves are Rich Razzleberry (it turned out looking like neon purple in this photo... so sorry!) Crushed Curry, and Baked Brown Sugar.  I might have stamped too many leaves.  It is easy to get carried away!  The sentiment is from Chalk Talk ( page 12 of the annual catalog).  It reads "I'm so grateful there's you in the world."  I sponged around the sentiment and the stamped panel with Soft Suede.  I tried sponging with Crumb Cake, but it was just too light.  The panel behind the oval sentiment was cut with one of the Chalk Talk Framelits.  

That's my Wednesday card, peeps!  Hope your week has been going well and that from here you'll coast downhill into a great weekend!  Please come back on Friday to see the stamping inspiration I'll have for you then.  
Hugs and Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment