Friday, October 18, 2013

Gratitude

Hello there, stamping enthusiasts!  Please excuse me while I give a loud  Yippie... it's Friday!  
OK, I feel better now.   What are your plans for the weekend?  I'm excited to say that I'll be a stampin' fool this weekend, with a stamping party at my house on Saturday and my fun "Head Start on the Holidays" Christmas card class on Sunday.  I've baked some yummy Christmas cookies and I've got some holiday tunes ready to go on the CD player, the paper is cut and the stamps are ready!  Now for the fun!

Did you remember that on Wednesday we put our stampin' sedan in reverse and backtracked to Thanksgiving for a while?  Today we're going to put it in park and talk a little more about Thanksgiving.  To set the scene, I've got a little quotation on gratitude that I'd like to share.  I'm sure you've probably run across this quote at some point...
   
      "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."  Melody Beattie

To those thoughts, I'd just like to add that when you are feeling grateful, you are noticing and thinking about all that is right in your life.  When you focus on what is right, what is going well, you just naturally feel happiness.  So, if you'd like to be happier, practice gratitude.  Oh, and maybe stamp more too.  Stamping always makes me happy.... how about you???

Here's a fun project for Thanksgiving that would be a great addition to each place at your Thanksgiving table.  This is called a treat tent and you can fill it with all sorts of goodies, from spicy glazed nuts, to mints, chocolate kisses, or whatever you'd like.  Just fill a small cello bag and stuff it inside the tent and you're good to go. You could also add a small tag at the top so it could serve as both a take-away favor and a place card.

Oh, I guess I'd better show you what it looks like...


Sorry I didn't take a photo showing the side view, but this is just a strip of Early Espresso card stock that measures 3 1/2 inches wide by 8 1/2 inches long.  It is scored crosswise at 3 1/2 and 5 inches.  I embossed both the front and the back of the tent with the Square Lattice embossing folder, but left the bottom plain.  The stamps are from the Harvest of Thanks stamp set on page 19 of the holiday catalog.  I stamped Mr. Turk in Cajun Craze and then stamped again in  Early Espresso.  I stamped the word "gratitude" in Crushed Curry, to match the Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon on page 173 of the annual catalog.  I punched out the turkey with the 1 3/8 inch circle punch.  The tag shape was cut with the Deco Labels framelits and the gratitude banner was cut with the Bitty Banner Framelits.  Of course the turkey and the little banner are popped up on dimensionals.

Have a great Friday and an even better weekend!  I encourage you to set some of your weekend chores aside and spend a few minutes stamping.  I promise it will make you happier.  See you on Monday!
Happy week-ending, relaxing, and recharging everyone!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment