Friday, October 4, 2013

Sweet Times Ahead

Hello Stampers!  Yay... it's Friday again!
I'm hoping today will be the start of a very nice weekend... nothing like the wild and wooly one we had last week!
Yes, it's true... there are sweet times ahead... VERY sweet times!  You don't need me to tell you that every store is stocked to the rafters with candy, candy, candy!  Halloween just might be the invention of a group of evil dentists.  It has got to be one of the most unhealthy holidays ever!  Just thinking of the staggering amount of sugar that is going to be consumed is enough to make your teeth hurt!  Add to that all of the loose fillings that will be pulled out by Laffy Taffy, Big Hunks, and other chewy confections and I'm sure dentists everywhere are rubbing their hands together in undisguised glee.

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday, but I'm told that spending on Halloween is only eclipsed by the spending on Christmas.  So there must be a lot of people out there who go "all out" on Halloween.  I'm just not one of them.  I guess, though, if you have to choose between the scary, icky, creepy Halloween and the sweet and happy Halloween, then I definitely land on the side that says "It's all about the candy."  Today's card reflects the sweet and happy side of Halloween... no bats, poison potions, or witches allowed.



I enjoyed making this super-simple card and I think you would too!  I started with a base of Very Vanilla, then added some Witches' Brew DSP  (page 21 of the holiday catalog).  I inked the single stamp Halloween Happiness (page 20 of the holiday catalog) with Pumpkin Pie ink, then before stamping I colored in the sentiment and the pumpkin stems and leaves with a Basic Black marker, then stamped on Very Vanilla.  I cut out the image with one of the oval framelits and matted it on the next size oval cut from Basic Black card stock.  Some narrow taffeta ribbon in Basic Black ties the card together.  It's quick, easy, and sweet!

Thanks for stopping by today and may your weekend be relaxing and enjoyable.  Oh, and be sure to stay out of the Halloween candy!
Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment