Monday, December 31, 2012

Take a Peek!

Hello Stampers and welcome back to The Classic Card!

Wow... what a busy Christmas we had here on Pinehurst Drive!  Ten people, 6 days, countless hours spent in the kitchen, tons of laundry done, scores of toys strewn about the house, 2 sick children on antibiotics, a train set up on the entry hall rug, a jigsaw puzzle on the dining room table, play-dough on the kitchen table... it was truly a zoo!  A fun time was enjoyed by all, but now it is Monday.  The house is once again clean and quiet. Christmas is over.  It is time for a bit of reflecting on how grateful we are for the blessings of family and home.  I hope you enjoyed a blessed Christmas as well.

The new year is just ahead, so I think it is time to move forward and focus on the new and exciting things in the Spring catalog, which becomes active on Thursday, January 3rd.  I don't know about you, but I'm more than ready for fresh inspiration.  As a demonstrator, I've had the opportunity to place a pre-order from the new Spring catalog, so I've had some new products to play with for the past several weeks, although I haven't had much time to spend stamping.  But I do have a card for you today that features some fun new products.  Take a peek...


Let's count the new products I used as I briefly tell you about them:

1.  The new Honeycomb embossing folder (page 6)
2.  New Core-dinations paper in Primrose Petals (page 12)
3.  The sentiment, from the new Feel Goods set ( page 21) Best sentiments ever in this set!
4. Chevron background for the sentiment from the Oh, Hello stamp set (page 4)
5. Two sizes of ovals from the Ovals Collection of Framelits (p. 4)
6. Tea for Two DSP (page 3)
7. Rose from the Collage Curios stamp set (page 24)

I also used Crumb Cake and Lucky Limeaid ink as well as Whisper White and Lucky Limeaid card stock.  Other products are the 1 1/4 inch scallop circle punch from the Holiday catalog that has been carried over into the Spring catalog.  Products from the annual catalog include the Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeaid, the 1 3/8 inch circle punch, and markers in Lucky Limeaid and Primrose Petals to color the rose.

I hope you'll take a few minutes to make yourself a cup of tea, hot chocolate, or coffee and sit down with your new Spring catalog and enjoy the beautiful new products and projects that you'll find there.
Oh, and don't forget to come back here on Wednesday, when I'll have another classic card for you, featuring more new products from the Spring catalog!

Enjoy a safe and happy New Year's Eve and I'll see you back here on January 2, 2013 for more stamping inspiration.
Hugs,
Susan

2 comments: