Monday, December 17, 2012

Let's Move On!

Hello stamping friends and welcome to Monday!

Was the weekend wet enough for you?  Windy enough?  Last night I thought the wind was going to blow right through my stamp room window. The wind was blowing hard and the rain was sheeting down the windows, so if we ever have sun again, I'm pretty sure my windows will look a bit cleaner!
A free window washing courtsey of mother nature... sweet! 

Are there any stampers out there who haven't finished their hand-stamped Christmas cards?  I really think that most of you have finished and sent your cards and I'd be willing to bet that there are very few, if any, people looking for Christmas card ideas at this late date.  So shall we agree to move on to other types of cards? 

I have a fun card from you that I received as a swap. Unfortunately, I cannot give proper credit to the demo who created it because there's no name on the back of the card.    I think you'll love the technique that it features, although I don't know the exact name for it.  Or maybe it doesn't have an exact name.  I think we've actually done this technique at one of my classes a few years back.  It is easy and something I hope you'll try.    Here's the card---
 


 
Isn't it great to see a non-Christmas card?  I guess I'm just very easily bored, but I think I've been showing Christmas cards for too long, so it is refreshing to move on to something else.  I have to say right now that I'm not a big fan of the layout on this card, but that's not why I'm showing it to you.  I wanted you to see this technique using vellum card stock, which is sold on page 160 of the annual catalog. 
 
Here's what you do:  First, stamp on the white vellum card stock with Versamark ink.  Then sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat with your heat gun until the embossing is shiny and raised.  Then, using markers, color on the back of the vellum, staying within the lines that show through from the front.  Then add the vellum to a white background panel so that the colors "pop." Adhesive will show through the vellum, so it is a good idea to add the sentiment on a punched piece and perhaps add a bit of ribbon too, because you need something to hide the adhesive behind. 
 
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Bordering on Romance
 
Card Stock: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White, Calypso Coral and White Vellum card stock.
  
Markers: used to color the back are Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Wisteria Wonder.
 
Accessories:  Fancy Fan embossing folder, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch.
                                              
I hope I've inspired you to get out your stamps and try reverse coloring on vellum.  It is easy to do and the results are quite impressive!
 
Thanks so much for coming to my blog each day!  I appreciate each one of you!
Hugs and Happy Monday!
Susan                                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment