Friday, December 7, 2012

Fresh Air Friday

Hello there, stampers!  Happy Friday!

I hope everyone is looking forward to a relaxing weekend... maybe one that includes a few holiday activities such as tree decorating, cookie baking, or perhaps party-going.  On Saturday, I have my last class of 2012, Holiday Ornament Class #2.  After that, I'm taking a break from classes and events until mid-January.  However, I won't be taking a break from stamping.   Just yesterday the UPS man brought me a big box of NEW goodies to play with!  I have new stamps and papers from the new Spring catalog as well as new Sale-a-bration goodies.  I wish I could show you some of these fantastic products, but I can't.  I'm going to try to find a few spare minutes here and there to make some cards with the new stuff, as it is OK if you see items made with the new products... just not the new products themselves.  I'm sorry, but I don't make the rules. I just live by them.  The good news is that you should be receiving your new Spring catalog in the mail very soon!

I've got something a bit different to show you today... a card that is like a breath of fresh air.  I feel like I've shown you too many Christmas cards and I'm beginning to think that if I see another card with a Christmas theme, I might break out in a red (and green) rash.  So check this out and see if you like this breath of fresh air.



 I don't know about you, but looking at this card reminds me that spring is on its way!   I know that we haven't even entered winter officially, but we can dream of blossoms and birdies can't we?  I saw a three panel card on a blog somewhere a while back and I thought that Betsy's Blossoms would be a fun set to use with this layout. 

Here's a quick list of the supplies I used:
Stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms, Curly Cute
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pool Party, Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, So Saffron
Accessories:  Fancy Fan embossing folder, Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, Old Olive 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon
               
I can think of a number of sets that would look great with the three-panel layout and I'll bet you can too!  I hope I've inspired you to get out some flowery stamps and create your own breath of fresh air.
Enjoy your Friday and your weekend too!  I hope you'll come back on Monday for another classic card!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment