Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Hello Stamping Buddies!

Do you have your Christmas tree up and decorated yet?  Are you a devotee of fresh trees, or do you go the artificial route?  We picked out a tree on Monday and got it into the house, into the stand, and John put the lights on it.  Next, he'll start hanging ornaments and wrapping garland.  Since I take care of the majority of the Christmas-related tasks (shopping, wrapping, cards, baking, and decorating), the tree has become John's job.  Now that John has fallen off the ladder twice when hanging the outdoor lights, our adult children have taken over that job.  So the tree has become his sole responsibilty.  I can get away with making a few suggestions, but not many.  He gets a bit touchy if I offer too many observations on the placement of lights/ornaments/garland, so mostly I just keep my remarks to myself.  I'm so happy to have one less thing to do, that if it's not perfect, it's still OK with me.  Over 42 years of marriage there have been more than a few "Charlie Brown" trees, but I've learned that almost any tree, once decorated with lights and ornaments, looks pretty good. 

As you might have guessed, the card I'm showing you today has a Christmas tree on it... a very beautiful tree I might add.  This beautiful image comes from the set Christmas Lodge. I just love the detail on this tree.  It has a very old-world look.  Check it out!


This was the second card that we made at the SOS group on November 26th.  Sorry, SOSers!  I'll have a card that is new to you on Friday.  But meanwhile I wanted to show everyone both of the masculine cards we made at our last get-together. 

This card also features the great Festival of Prints DSP stack (item # 126904, p. 20 of the Holiday catalog $6.95.  This paper is a favorite of mine and will be gone for good when the Holiday catalog expires on Jan. 2nd.  Get yours before it's discontinued!

Stamps: Christmas Lodge, Mixed Medley
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Paper:  Festival of Prints DSP Stack, Cherry Cobbler card stock, Very Vanilla card stock, Crumb Cake card stock.
Accessories:  1 1/4 inch Scallop Circle punch ( p. 7 of Holiday catalog), 3/4 inch Circle Punch (p. 184 of the Annual catalog), Dimensionals, sponge.


Thanks for stopping by The Classic Card today!  I hope that this year's tree will be one of your best ever... straight trunk, full branches, no bare spots, and just the right height!  Have a great Wednesday and I hope you'll join me on Friday for another classic card.

Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment