Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tag, You're It!

Whoops, it's Wednesday!  How did that happen so quickly?

 And oh, my goodness, it is also 12-12-12!    I feel like I should be doing something momentous on this day, but realisitically I know I probably won't be doing anything more important or memorable than mopping my kitchen floor and cleaning the bathrooms.  Whoa!  Let's not get carried away with the excitement of it all.  Hopefully none of my grandchildren will ever ask me "What did you do on 12-12-12 Oma?" 

I've been as busy as a little bee getting ready for a gathering of demonstrators at my house tonight.  We get together each month for dinner, stamping, swapping, and sharing business ideas.  Then once a year at Christmas we gather for a potluck dinner and the exhange of handmade gifts.  This meeting is always one the highlights of the year and I'll be sharing photos of the gifts in future posts, just to show you what a talented bunch of demos I have in my group.

Have you ever thought you might like to join us in the Stampin'Up! adventure?  I've been a demonstrator for 12 years now... and what fun years they've been!  If you'd like to explore the possibility, please send me an email and we'll get together to chat.  Then perhaps next year you'll be joining in this fun dinner and gift exchange!

Today I'm going to show you the little gift tag holder that we made at my annual Santa's Workshop on December 1st.  I do this gift packaging class every year and I try to have a nice variety of projects.  This year we made five different projects and this was one of them...


This folder holds 8 gift tags and was designed to be given as a small gift to a co-worker, holiday hostess, or neighbor. The tags inside were cut with the Two Tags Die for the Big Shot.  The colors here are Real Red, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla and the Designer Paper is from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack (page 20 of the Holiday catalog).  The focal panel was stamped with Early Espresso ink using the Tags 'Til Christmas stamp set and punched with the Designer Label Punch.  If you would like to have the directions on cutting and scoring this little folder, please let me know and I'll send it along.  This would also be a fun project for children to make as a gift for their teacher, piano teacher, or scout leader. 

Of course, you could also slide a few $20s in there, or maybe a $50 or two.  That would make a great gift for someone very special.  Another thing you could do would be to print up some coupons to put into the folder for things like "your favorite meal," four hours of babysitting," "washing and vacuuming your car," etc.--- you can be as creative as you wish with your coupons and make them really funny, or silly, or whatever fits the recipient. 

Well, my friends, I'm off to set the table and make the final preparations for tonight's dinner.  Don't forget to come back on Friday for more creative inspiration. Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment