Friday, June 8, 2012

I'm in Love!

Hello Stamping Friends!

It is good to be back at The Classic Card.  I've been crazy busy with my big garage sale, assembling all the new stamp sets I ordered, plus cutting and winding 250 yards of ribbon (200 for the Stitched Grosgrain ribbon share and 50 for the In-Color Stitched Satin ribbon share).  That was a lot of cutting and winding, but I think you're going to love having a nice assortment of ribbon colors without having to purchase multiple rolls.

Yes, it's true... I am in love and you will be too, once you try out the new firm foam stamp pads!  I wasn't prepared for their superior stamping quality, so when I first tried one, I was bowled over by how much better they stamp than the older cloth-covered pads we've had for years.   There is no pounding or twisting required to ink up your stamp.  Just a couple of light taps will do it, so I'm not sure how I'm going to work out my stress now that I can't pound anymore!  Maybe I'll save a few of the old pads for when I feel the need to pound something.  If you would like to try out these great new stamp pads, I have a fun event planned for next Wednesday, June 13th at 6:30 pm--- The Wednesday Wow.   If you'd like to attend, please email me at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll give you all the details.  I will tell you that there's going to be some yummy chocolate involved!

The card I have for you today shows how saturated or maybe "opaque" is a better word to describe the strength of the color in these new pads--- whatever you want to call it, you've got to try them to see what a difference a pad can make in the quality of your stamped projects.  Here's the card...



Do you notice how black the bird is?  He has no light spots on him at all... he's completely black.  And look how the black leaves cover the flower underneath... amazing!  I made this card for a demonstrator meeting a few weeks ago .  Let me give you a quick list of the new products I used.

Stamps: 
Betsy's Blossoms

Ink: 
NEW In-Colors-- Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple
Basic Black

Paper:
Summer Starfruit
Raspberry Ripple
Whisper White

Accessories:
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Blossom Punch
Scallop Circle Punch
1 " Circle Punch
Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
Black Brad
Basic Black Scallop Dots Ribbon (turned so the dots don't show)

There have been LOTS of comments about the new chartreuse-y Summer Starfruit color.  It seems to be one of those colors that people either hate or love... no middle ground.  Personally, I love it!  I've seen this color quite a bit in clothing and home accessories and I think it just has a warm yet contemporary look.  I love the way it looks with the Raspberry Ripple and Basic Black on this card, but it also looks wonderful with the new Midnight Muse. 

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you'll come back soon.  I can't promise that I will be blogging every day, but my official vacation from posting is now over and I'm back in the saddle again!
Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Great looking card, Susan! And I LOVE the new Summer Starfruit color for all the reasons you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card! I love the colors! I love it all! Great job!

    ReplyDelete