Monday, June 11, 2012

More new goodies for you!

Hello stampers and happy Monday!

Did you enjoy your weekend?  I sure did!  It was a little wild and crazy with the grandchildren here from Seattle, but they are so much fun!  I love being a mom, but being a grandmother is even better, because I can leave all the un-fun things to their mothers and just enjoy all the funny things they say and do. 

I've got a super busy week ahead of me... babysitting, 2 classes, and then going to California, so I'm pretty sure I won't be here every day.  But I plan to check in once more before I take off.  I'm slowly starting to catch up with all of my Stampin'Up! work.  I've got most of my new stamp sets assembled and now that the ribbon shares are done, I'm starting to play with some of my new things.  I realize that I'm not very objective when it comes to my cards, so you may or may not like what I have for you today.  I guess it all boils down to this... do you love or hate the new In-Color, Summer Starfruit?  I love it and I hope you do too.  If not, try to visualize this card done in another one of the new In-Colors, such as Raspberry Ripple or Primrose Petals.  Changing out Summer Starfruit for either one of those colors would make for a beautiful card.  So here's my latest creation, made a couple of nights ago when I was in a creative mood...


This card opens in the middle, just for something a little different.  Here's a quick list of what I used.

Stamps:
Blooming with Kindness (this set has some great sayings, along with that stunning chrysanthemum)

Ink:
Summer Starfruit
Early Espresso

Paper:
Summer Starfruit
Very Vanilla

Accessories:
Fancy Fan Embossing Folder for the Big Shot
Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon
Linen Thread
Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons ( I love the look of these gorgeous buttons... they remind me of old glass cabinet pulls or doorknobs).

I hope this card gives you a bit of inspiration and that you'll get out some stamps, ink, and paper and play! Whatever your week has in store for you, I hope it's happy!  Thanks for visiting today.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment