Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What Makes a "Wow" Card?

Hello stampers and welcome to Wednesday!  Tonight is my first Wednesday Wow class and I'm excited to show the attendees some new and different cards featuring some new goodies from the brand new 2012-2013 Annual Catalog.  Speaking of the catalog, if you don't have yours yet, please send me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and we'll figure out the easiest way to get one to you.

If you'd like to be the hostess of your own Wednesday Wow class, all you have to do is let me know and I'll plan some projects that are a bit different, a bit more complex, and that have a "wow" factor to them.  You can have your Wednesday Wow class at your home or mine.  Having it at my house is definitely easier for me... no packing up all of my supplies and driving.  And it is easier for you too... no cleaning, organizing, and setting up. 

Well, what makes a card a "wow" card you might ask.  Here's my definition of  a "wow" card.  First of all, it has a different fold or shape than the traditional card that has the fold on the left and opens on the right.  Next, it features products that you haven't seen or used a million times before... so it is something new.  A wow card usually has "extras" on it, such as designer paper, buttons, ribbon, and perhaps punched shapes, plus most likely it includes texture.  The colors and layout blend into a harmonious whole.  The net effect of everything taken together just makes you say "wow" when you look at it. 

Here's a card that we're doing tonight at the Wednesday Wow.  I know I'll be making this again and again in different colors for different occasions.  I  took the idea for this card from the monthly magazine that Stampin'Up! demonstrators receive in the mail---"Stampin' Success."  It is loaded with  ideas that we can use in our businesses, plus it has great card and project ideas as well.

Here's the card...



This is a combination card and money/gift card holder.  Oh, I suppose you could tuck other little surprises into the pocket as well... tickets to a play, a gift certificate for a spa treatment... you get the idea.  The first photo shows the front of the card with the flap lifted up.  The second photo shows the inside.  That's play money peeking out of the pocket, in case you thought it looked strange. 

Here's what I used in the creation of this project:

Stamps:
Mixed Bunch
Curly Cute (for the sentiment)

Ink:
Daffodil Delight
Gumball Green
Real Red
Basic Black

Paper:
Real Red
Gumball Green
Daffodil Delight
Whisper White

Accessories:
Oval Accent Bigz Clear Die--- NEW
Fancy Fan embossing folder-- NEW
Blossom Punch
Brights Designer Buttons
1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Daffodil Delight
Polka Dot Parade Designer Paper--- NEW

This card would be perfect for graduations, but with other colors and stamps it could be a great wedding card or birthday card.  I'm sure you creative customers of mine can come up with lots of ideas to tweak this basic design and make it suitable for all sorts of occasions.

Hope you're all having a great week--- it is all "downhill to the weekend" after Wednesday!
Thanks for stopping by today... don't forget to come back on Friday for another classic card.
Happy Stamping!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are posting again. I've missed my daily check ups on your wonderful ideas

    ReplyDelete