Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Mojo Monday Sketch

Hello stampers and welcome to Wednesday at The Classic Card!

Where do YOU go for inspiration when you need to come up with a layout for a card, but your creative "mojo" is just not working?  Well, thank goodness for Mojo Monday, a great sketch challenge site!  Each Monday a new sketch is posted and then you have the opportunity to respond to the sketch with a card of your own, following the layout (or "sketch") of the week. 

I'm attending a demonstrator meeting tonight and I needed to come up with a nice layout for my swap cards, so I turned to Mojo Monday and found a sketch that I liked.  You might want to print out some of the sketches and put them into a notebook for future reference.  To check out Mojo Monday, go to www.mojomonday.blogspot.com  This site makes designing a card so easy!

Here's my card---



Does this card look familiar?  I used this cute hostess set a few posts ago, but today's card is quite different.  I wanted a nice warm summery look so I chose Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango to warm things up a bit.  A touch of Lucky Limeaid adds a nice citrusy note.  Hmmm--- reminds me of a summery drink with lemons, oranges, and limes--- Sangria anyone??
Here's a quick list of "ingredients---"
Stamps:
Four Seasons (hostess set)
Friendly Phrases
Ink:
Daffodil Delight
Lucky Limeaid
Paper:
Whisper White
Tangerine Tango
Daffodil Delight
Lucky Limeaid
Designer Paper Stack (Brights)
Accessories
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
2 1/2 inch circle punch
2 3/8 inch scallop circle punch
3/4 inch circle punch
1 inch circle punch
Curly Label punch
Dimensionals
Tangerine Tango Scallop Dots ribbon

Thanks for stopping by today!  Don't forget to come back on Friday for another Classic Card.
Stamp something pretty today!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Hey I recognize this card!!! Love the bright colors and layout design. I tried to "follow" your posts but can't find a way unless I am a google member. I'll check with Tony as he is the web expert and I have NO idea what I am doing. Just started my own blog (only 1 post so far) and am in the process of figuring out how it all works. It was great seeing you last week Susan. Have fun at convention. Can't wait to see all the fun ideas you bring back!
    ~Wendy
    www.wendyswitzer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, apparently I AM a google member. That's how I was able to post a comment. Tony helped me of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete