Friday, September 16, 2011

Weekends... time to slow down!

Hello stamping friends and welcome to the weekend!

Wasn't it Monday yesterday?  How did Friday get here so quickly?  I'm also amazed when I see that we're already halfway through the month of September.  That's what I was talking about the other day.  We take on too many things and we get so busy that our days go by in a blur.  The weekend is a good time to slow things down and I hope you'll take time to do just that.  Slow down, sleep late, read the newspaper, drink coffee, take a walk... those sorts of things.  We all need a break from our daily race!

And while you are taking a break from all the things that are calling out for your time and attention, I hope you'll also find at least 30 minutes this weekend to be creative and stamp something.  Most of the cards I make can be done... start to finish... in 10 minutes, maybe 15 if you don't move quickly.  I always have a sketch, or layout, in mind before I start.  Sometimes I hate how my card is turning out and I completely change the layout or colors, but that doesn't happen very often.  Usually I stick to my sketch pretty closely. So the key to creating a card and not taking all day to do it is having a sketch to follow. 

Here's a fun card I sketched out a couple of days ago.  I love the way it turned out!  Have a look...




This Halloween card definitely falls into the cute category and would be suitable to send to a young child.  There's been a trend lately, fuelled by Martha Stewart, toward really creepy, ghoulish, over-the-top gory Halloween decorations and costumes that would scare anyone and probably terrify a child.  With this card, you don't have to worry.  The cute owl with his little mask and trick-or-treat bag wouldn't scare a flea!
Even though there are several elements that seem to have been cut out, that is not the case.  This card is made with punches... 5 of them, to be exact. 

Here's a list of "ingredients" for this fun card:

Stamps:
Warmest of Wishes, 122672-- owl ( this is a hostess-only set that you can get for only $10 hostess dollars)
Grateful Greetings, 116511-- sentiment

Ink:  Basic Black Craft Ink, 102192 (Craft ink is more opaque.  Let it dry or dry with a heat gun before punching).
         Tangerine Tango, 111834, for sponging around the moon

Paper:  Basic Black, 121045
            Rich Razzleberry, 115316
            Old Olive, 100702
            Tangerine Tango, 111349
            Daffodil Delight, 119683

Accessories:
            Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 117335
            Owl Builder Punch, 118074
            Bird Builder Punch, 117191 (branch)
            Circle Punch, 2 1/2 inch, 120906
            Large Tag Punch, 119876
            Extra-Large Tag Punch, 119866
            Hemp Twine (on tag), 100982
            Scallop Dots Ribbon, Basic Black, 124145 ( reversed so dots don't show)
            Stampin' Sponges, 101610
            Dimensionals, 104430

Thanks for stopping by today.   Enjoy your weekend, stampers and I'll meet you back here on Monday for more stamping fun and inspiration!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment