Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall, Friday, and Sunshine... a great combination!

Welcome to Fall, Stamping Friends!
 
Yes, it is officially here! Today marks the first day of fall!   Many people claim that fall is their favorite season.  They love the clear blue skies and cool temperatures (around these parts it is not usually clear and crisp, but rainy), the gorgeous colors of fall leaves, going to harvest festivals for apples and pumpkins, and the renewed energy that the new school year brings.  I love all those things too, but I still have to admit that fall is in second place on my favorite season list.  I think you all know that I'm a summer person. I love fall too... just not quite as much!

 Have you noticed that I haven't missed a post all week, even though I said I'd be out of town?  Well, my plans changed and I've been here all week.  Next week, however, I will be missing several posts as I travel to Seattle to visit my daughter and her family.  I hope you've got some fun things planned for this weekend, as it is going to be sunny today and Saturday. Let's just not mention Sunday, OK?  Let's just ignore that and maybe it will go away.

In honor of fall, I've got a fun Halloween card for you.  I know some of you don't celebrate Halloween.  If you're in that category, you have my permission to skip this post.  To me, Halloween is a time for little kids to dress up in cute costumes and go trick-or-treating.  I don't buy into the whole "vampires, monsters, and ghosts" scene and I'd never make a Halloween card featuring skeletons, spiders, rats, or other scary stuff.  Let's just keep Halloween fun and forget the ghoulish aspect that some people like to engage in.   With that in mind, here's my card for today.  I love how it turned out!



Isn't this a happy little guy?  This color combination is great for Halloween cards... Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry, with a touch of Basic Black. 

Here's a quick list, for ordering ease:

Stamps: 
Jack of all Trades, 122622
Lighthearted (sentiment), 121157 (in the Holiday Mini-catalog)
Ink:
Basic Black Craft pad, 102192  (Craft ink is more opaque)
Pumpkin Pie, 105216
Old Olive, 102277
Paper:
Basic Black, 121045
Rich Razzleberry, 115316
Old Olive, 102277
Whisper White, 100730
Designer Series Paper Stack, Brights, 117155
Other:
Scallop Dots Ribbon, Old Olive, 124139

Don't forget to take a break from routine this weekend.  The sunshine won't be here forever, so get out and enjoy it!  You have my permission to save the cleaning and dusting for later.  It'll still be there after the sunshine has gone away.  And speaking of breaks... why not take a creative break as well?  Take 15-20 minutes to sit down with your stamps, ink, and paper and stamp something pretty.  It will raise your spirits and you'll feel refreshed!  Happy first day of fall and happy weekend everyone!  Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I'll meet you back here on Monday.
Sunny stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment