Monday, September 26, 2011

Gloomy outside... sunny inside!

Hello stampers and welcome back to The Classic Card! 

Yes, it appears that fall is really here, judging from the gray skies and wet streets. Despite all that gloom outside, I'm happy here in my stamping room with its sunny yellow walls and bright lights, which I'm so thankful for on days like this!  I can almost convince myself that it's another gorgeous day!

I'm facing a busy week ahead so I won't be posting here on The Classic Card for a few days.  But I'll still be dreaming up classic cards for your viewing pleasure once I'm able to blog again.  If you are a reader in the Portland, Oregon area, I've got some fun events coming up this weekend and you are invited to attend.  First I've got a stamping party at my house on Saturday, October 1st, beginning at 10:30 am.  You'll get to make two great cards, enjoy yummy snacks, some fun door prizes, and enjoy chatting with some friendly stampers. 

On Sunday, we're celebrating World Card-Making Day at 1:30 at my home.  I have only three spots left for this fun annual event.  Again, you'l be making two cards, both with an "interesting" fold.  After we're done stamping, snacking, and chatting, we're going to play Stampin'Up! bingo for all the hostess dollars generated by the sales at this party.  I'll also be throwing in some extra prizes to make bingo more fun.   You'll get one bingo card for your $35 purchase and an additional card for every $30 after that.  If you'd like to attend one or both of these events, please send me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll save you a spot!

OK, I know you came here to look at a card, so here's a warm and sunny card to brighten your Monday...



The colors here are Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, and Whisper White.  Here's a quick list for your ordering ease, just in case you'd like to make this card:

Stamps:
Creative Elements, 122647 for clear-mount
Petite Pairs, 122497

Ink:
Cherry Cobbler, 119669
More Mustard, 103162

Paper:
Whisper White, 100730
More Mustard, 100946
Cherry Cobbler, 119685

Accessories:
Petals a Plenty embossing folder, 116824
1 3/4 inch circle punch,119850
1 3/8 inch circle punch, 119860
Cherry Cobbler Striped Grosgrain ribbon, 125056
Stampin' Sponge, 101610 (you get 3)
Dimensionals, 104430

This is a quick and easy card to make and the colors are easily changed.  It would be gorgeous with Pool Party and Island Indigo, Old Olive and Certainly Celery, and tons of other great combinations.  Just check the back of your Color Coach cards for the "Dynamic Duo" combination.  All of these would make a beautiful card, using this stamp set and layout. 

Hope your Monday will be a great day!  Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you later in the week!
Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment