Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stampin' in the Sunshine Again!

Hello Stampin' People!

Wow!  It  looks like a gorgeous day out there!  Nothing makes me happier than a sunny day!  Oh, winning big in the lottery might do it, but really, I'll take the sunshine!  I think you have to be a native Oregonian to really enjoy the cloudy skies and rain that is Oregon from late September to late June.  I don't claim that status.  I'm a transplant from the sunshine state and much of the time I feel starved for sunlight.  It's a good thing I've found stamping.  It keeps my mood up when the weather starts to drag it down. 

I wish I had another sunny card to share with you today, in honor of today's sunshine, but I'm moving forward with designs for the upcoming holidays.  While we still have plenty of time to create cards for Thanksgiving and Christmas, now would be a good time to start mulling over card designs and colors.

Today I have a simple but beautiful  Christmas card  that would be easy to create in quantity... a definite plus unless you want to spend tons of time on your cards. Once you have your paper cut and scored, the card will go together quicly since the stamping is fairly minimal and there's no coloring or cutting out involved.
Speaking of scoring... if you don't already own a scoring board, you need one and Stampin'Up!'s board, called Simply Scored is the best on the market.  I say that from experience, as I have tried the two other models that are available and neither one is as easy to use as this one.  You can see it on page 7 of the Holiday Mini-catalog.  This is a paper-crafting tool that you will use every day for everything from making crisp folds on your cards to creating boxes, easel cards, and more.  Here's the card...take a look!



 
This fun design is known as an easel card, since you open it up and tuck the focal point behind the base, so that the card is tilted back.  The colors here are Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla.
The stamp set is a new one from the Holiday Mini-catalog called The Sounding Joy.  You can find it on page 4 of the mini.  This card also features the new quilted ribbon in Cherry Cobbler, also available in the Holiday Mini-catalog.  The ink is Cherry Cobbler.

If you would like the directions to make an easel card, send a quick email to sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll send them to you!  The easel card is fun to make for every occasion you can think of and it is a little something different for those of us who are bored with the standard 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 card.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Please leave me a comment so I know you're one of my readers.  I would appreciate it so much!
Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment