Monday, August 22, 2011

A Fresh New Week

Good morning, Stampers!
   
I don't know about you, but I love Mondays!  Even when Mondays involved getting out of bed early and going to work, I still loved them. Of course now that I'm retired, there is more room for planning the fun stuff.  There's nothing like a fresh new week stretching out before me to inspire all sorts of thoughts on what I want to accomplish, things I'm going to do, places I'm going to go (even if it's just grocery shopping). 

Here in Portland, Oregon we enjoyed a very summery weekend with temperatures finally into the 90's.  It was great to barbecue, sit outside, and watch my grandchildren splash in their wading pool! Wherever you are, I hope you enjoyed the weekend too.  I'm not sure how many more sunny summer weekends we'll have, so it is important to savor every single one!

This will be a busy stamping week for me, with a downline meeting, a class, a large Stampin'Up! gathering, and then a workshop.  But since I love stamping, it isn't really work!  It is "fun with a purpose."

Well, I guess I've rambled on long enough.  Let's get to the card, shall we?  This card shows off a different format.  I'm not sure what to call it but the folded card is short, with the focal panel popped up.  It makes for a fun variation on the standard card. And there's still room inside to write if you like to write, but not too much room (for those who have a hard time thinking of what to say!).


The stamp set is Flower Fest (#122280, 19.95 in clear mount). 
 I stamped the flowers randomly in Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie, then stamped the butterfly in Rich Razzleberry on Rich Razzleberry card stock and punched it out with the Butterfly Extra Large Punch (#119848, 16.95).  The ribbon is pumpkin pie (that 5/8" size is now discontinued, but I'm guessing that many of you have it and would like to use it!). The Designer Paper is from the Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack ( Brights, #117155, 19.95).  Three little rhinestones finish off the butterfly... (Basic Rhinestones, #119246, 4.95).  The sentiment "It's the little things" comes from the set You're a Gem (#122270, 11.95 in clear mount).  It is punched out with the Small Oval Punch (# 120908, 10.95) and layered onto the 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch (#119861, 15.95).  This card would be fun to try with a different stamp set and different colors.  Experiment see what fabulous cards you can come up with!

Enjoy your Monday, everyone, and plan something fun this week!
Stamping with a happy heart,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment